5th Grade AAP Supply List 2021-22
Mantua 5th Grade AAP Supply List
- 1 reusable water bottle
- 1 pair of children’s headphones to remain at school: 4-foot or 5-foot cord. The headphones fit students better and are preferable to ear buds. Need to place headphones in a plastic Ziplock bag and label the bag with the student's name.
- 6 bound composition notebooks (9 ¾” x 7 ½”), also called “marble notebooks”:
- Label with First and Last Name, Subject, Grade, Teacher’s Name
- Math, Science, World History, Language Arts (LA), Spanish, & one unlabeled
- optional: 1 package of lined paper: medium-ruled or college-ruled
- 48 pencils, sharpened
- 1 box of colored pencils: 12 colors, sharpened
- 1 small pencil sharpener with cover to catch the shavings
- 2 highlighters
- 3 glue sticks
- 2 large rubber erasers
- 2 dry erase markers
- 1 odd sock for eraser on white board
- 1 pair of student scissors
- 3 inexpensive ballpoint pens for editing: red or green (not blue or black)
- 1 soft-sided pencil case: large enough to hold: pencils, colored pencils, sharpener, highlighter, scissors, glue stick, eraser, and math supplies
- 8 two-pocket folders (different colors if possible)
Math Supplies - keep all Math Supplies at home until needed
- 1 protractor
- 1 compass
- 1 scientific calculator: with square root, percent, exponent, pi function key Suggested: Texas Instruments: TI-30Xa Solar School Edition scientific calculator
Note: Do NOT get the version with a yellow face on the front of the calculator.
The version with the yellow face is not approved for the SOLs.
Class Supplies - to be shared
- 2 boxes Kleenex
- 1 roll of paper towels
- 1 box of band aids
- 2 bottles of hand sanitizer
- 1 package sandwich-sized Ziploc bags
- 1 package of index cards (3x5, any color)
- 1 package gallon-sized Ziploc bags
- 1-2 large containers of wipes (Clorox or similar)
You do not need an Assignment Notebook.
A Mantua Assignment Notebook will be given to you on the first day of school.
Please try to bring all of your school supplies by the first day of school or drop off during Open House.