5th Grade Supply List 2018
Welcome to 5th grade! Having all of the supplies listed below will help your child to have a successful year. Thank you for bringing them in on the first day of school. We are looking forward to a great year!
- The size is very important for the math spiral notebook. Mead Five Star notebooks work the best.
- Please keep the protractor and ruler at home in a safe place until we need it in math class.
- Please put student’s name on all personal items, except for science folders, tissues and disinfecting wipes.
- Please label folders, composition notebooks, and spiral notebook according to the subjects listed in parenthesis.
- 1 soft pencil bag to hold the next 7 items: (boxes don’t fit well in desks)
- 4 dozen sharpened pencils (no mechanical pencils)
- 1 dozen red pens
- 6 highlighters
- colored pencils
- hand-held pencil sharpener
- 8 large glue sticks
- 1 three-subject spiral notebook 8 ½ x 11 inches (Math)
- 5 colored folders with pockets and brad fasteners. DO NOT LABEL WITH NAME (Science)
- 3 PLASTIC folders with pockets (Homework, Math, Reading)
- 2 black/white composition books (Language Arts and Science)
- 2 family size boxes of tissues
- ruler (standard and metric)
- 1 set of children’s headphones (preferably 4-5 feet in length)
- 3 containers of Lysol or Clorox disinfecting wipes (not baby wipes)
- 2 sets of children's headphones (one set will remain in the classroom at all times).